Bow Valley College
Every business exports and imports goods and services. Supply chain management professionals determine the best combinations of outsourcing and procurement. In this major, you'll learn the various aspects of business operations including procurement, logistics and transportation, supplier relations, and inventory management. With this knowledge, you can contribute to the operational efficiency of a company.
To learn more about working in the supply chain management field, Watch Video Here
This is a two-year (four term) diploma program. A standard course load is five courses per term. Students can maintain full time status with at least three courses. Taking less than five courses per term will take longer to complete the program.
The program consists of core business courses and major-specific courses. Core courses are available both in-class and online. All major courses are available in-class with only some courses available online.
University Transfer (Supply Chain Specific)
Transferability is available towards SAIT's Bachelor of Business Administration degree, Supply Chain Management major (upon acceptance by SAIT).
Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) Designation
Supply Chain Management Major program graduates who successfully complete and achieve a grade of B or higher in courses SCMT2101, SCMT2201, SCMT2301, and SCMT2401 may be exempt from the following modules in the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation program.
SCMP Modules include:
• Module 1: Supply Chain Management
• Module 2: Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• Module 3: Logistics and Transportation
• Module 4: Operations and Process Management
Eligible Business Administration Diploma graduates are required to complete all other SCMP program requirements (modules/workshops, In-Residence Week and Final Examination) before the SCMP designation can be granted by SCMA.
Co-operative Education Program (Optional)
Bow Valley College will be suspending the Co-op portion of the Business Administration Program. This will be effective for students beginning their studies Fall 2021.
The program will provide other opportunities for students to apply their knowledge and develop skills that will benefit them in the workplace. Information about new opportunities will be shared after you begin your program.
- Credit in English Language Arts 30-1 or minimum 65% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent
- Credit in Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent
Successful completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test that consists of five tests with a minimum score in the following sections:
- Interpreting Literature and Art: 520 minimum standard score
- Writing Skills: 520 minimum standard score
- Math Test: 520 minimum score
- Satisfactory results on the Bow Valley College Admissions Test
- Completion of 30 credits from a recognized business program (departmental approval required)
English language proficiency requirements
For applicants whose first language is not English, please review English language proficiency requirements.
Transfer opportunities are available to a variety of institutions. Transfer credits are reviewed and accepted on an individual basis by the institution to which you apply. Here are the most current transfer agreements:
- Athabasca University: Bachelor of Commerce
- College of the Rockies: Bachelor of Business Administration
- NAIT: Bachelor of Business Administration
- Royal Roads University: Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management, Bachelor of Sustainability & International Business, Bachelor of Arts in International Hotel Management, and Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management Degree
- SAIT: Bachelor of Business Administration
- Thompson Rivers University (Open Learning): Bachelor of Commerce
- University of Lethbridge: Bachelor of Management
Program Reviews -
Terrible service. Unprofessional way of processing the case. Not precisely check the documents which are suppose to submit to complete the checklist. However, Wrong selection of course is the another reason behind mine refusal as they opted lower study of course than my current study level which I later on got to know.
I am very glad that i got my study visa within 3 to 4 days after biometrics all because of nirgunn overseas. They guided me very well and i suggest you should consult them for visa applications.
I had a good experience and all the colleagues are very helpful and kind. The service provided by them is also up to mark and I like it very much.
a year ago I paid them just on Mr Navtej assurance. But they denied what promised. Not recommended for false promises. Replying to your comment: I was well aware that PR is not possible without 7 band or something before taking your services. It was you guys who promised to get PR without 7 band else money back. And I never stopped picking your call, instead you guys never replied me many times.
Bow Valley College
|Starting Date:||Submission deadline||Status|
|September 2022||January 2023||Open Now|